Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ok, so being a restaurant owner has its up and downs....I thought that before we started this diner. But the extent of those highs and lows reached new levels in the last few weeks.
Some of you may have actually been here in the diner when you witnessed me falling apart.....I got a call from my frantic mom....she or my Dad had lost our dog, Mac. In the tears and fears of her voice I couldn't quite make out what had happened but grabbed my jacket and ran out of the diner....apron and all!
He'd gone missing from my Dad's car in the Best Buy parking lot south of town.....2 hrs earlier! In only a few inches of snow I ran like a crazy lady around the entire shopping complex where he was last seen....screaming and crying that our beloved Mac was gone. I didn't look for long until I called Keith back in the diner and told him in no uncertain terms that he was to get out here and help me locate our little fur baby.  My brother in law Kenneth would just have to make it work in kitchen on his own....his love of animals made the argument really easy. It turns out that I'm quite recognizable in my dirty apron as many folks saw me and offered to help. Two very nice ladies, who were in Apricot Lane shopping, walked the entire shopping center and called out his name. One lady from our daughter's orthodontist saw me and pulled over to help. After about 1.5 hrs we got a call from a wonderful lady named Elizabeth who had gotten my number from the Longmont Humane society. She thought she had our Mac. To our great relief, it was him and we were reunited at her home. We offered all kinds of payment, including free breakfast but she would take nothing. God bless her and all those who helped us.
That's the low and the high all in one day.
Mac got microchipped along with his brother Duffy at Cambridge Animal hospital 4 days later!! Thank you Dr Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment